Senior Swing UI Engineer
Senior Swing UI Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Illumon is building a team of world-class software engineers to commercialize big data technology developed within a hedge fund. We are a well-funded spinoff with offices in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and New York City, New York.
We are a small crew with big goals, and we are in the process of growing our core team. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and to influence the firm’s direction.
At Illumon, we recognize that a dozen Salieris could never produce a Mozart masterpiece. Similarly, a dozen average developers could never produce the masterpiece of an elite software developer. We believe that a small team of elite developers is far better than an army of average developers. We only hire the best, and we reward accordingly.
Illumon is a meritocracy, not a bureaucracy. Our priority is for you to focus on what you love and do best: crafting great code.
Software engineers at our Colorado Springs site will need to spend some time initially at our New York office while learning to navigate our code base.
- Self driven, self organized, proactive, highly motivated, and intelligent.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Obsession with building quality software.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in large-scale systems.
- Experience in distributed systems programming, multithreaded programming, and debugging.
- Experience in object-oriented design and programming.
- Extensive background in algorithms, data structures, optimization, testing, and performance tuning.
- Extensive background in UI development (5+ years of Swing).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed sense of urgency.
- Financial experience is not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Illumon, we want happy and fulfilled employees.
- Our compensation is designed to attract the best.
- We offer a generous vacation policy.
- We encourage you to work when you are most productive.
Why Colorado Springs, Colorado?
Colorado Springs, Colorado is a vibrant mid-size city located at an elevation of 6,035 feet in the Rocky Mountains 60 minutes south of Denver. Home to multiple colleges, the U.S. Olympic Training Center, the U.S. Air Force Academy, and numerous high-tech startups, Colorado Springs has an active intellectual and social community in an enviable outdoor setting.
Colorado Springs is a great location for outdoor enthusiasts, families, intellectuals, hobbyists, environmentalists, and those ready to escape big-city stress.
- Mild mountain climate with 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Friendly and welcoming to newcomers.
- Affordable housing near our office.
- No traffic, no smog, and no parking problems.
- Excellent public schools.
- Year-round outdoors activities, including: hiking, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, road biking, rock climbing, fishing, horseback riding, and astronomy.
- 145 neighborhood parks, 146 miles of urban trails, and 14,000 acres of open space.
- Close to Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods.
- 2017 #2 U.S. News Most Desirable Places to Live
- #1 in Money Magazine's "Big Cities to Live In"
- #1 in Outside Magazine's "Best Town"
- #5 in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Places To Live"
- #6 in Forbes's "America's Most Wired Cities"
- #7 in Backpacker Magazine's "Best Places to Raise an Outdoor Kid"
- #9 in Forbes's "America's Best Bang-for-the-Buck Cities"